Wednesday 17 October 2012

a general update

Apologies for a lack of postings lately but being back at college has made life super busy. As usual though, I have landed on my feet with excellent students and all of them are making good progress. I teach sculpture mostly at the City Lit in the middle of London and a couple of other courses in the year at Morley College in Lambeth North. Both carving classes are full, the regular wood carving group on Tuesday evenings has lots of 'old hands' making ambitious work in all styles and they really keep me on my toes and there are a few new people dipping their toes for the first time.  The Saturday woodcarving group is mostly new people, again getting stuck in with interesting work. With students permission I shall post some photos soon. I love my new class at the Royal Hospital Chelsea with the red coated pensioners, lovely men with amazing stories (I was regaled with tales of Antarctic explorations yesterday)  working with paper right now but we start carving soon - a daunting prospect because the place is pristine. 
I really ought to set up some classes in my studio but it is so cold there in winter that I think students will end up with hypothermia. 
I have just been asked to teach a mystery course at City Lit in December, students sign up for a course but have no idea what they will be letting themselves in for! Brave souls. I promised not to tell anyone what it might be and I cannot be bribed........
I am, of course, still writing applications and right now I am in a bit of a tremble with the EWAA exhibition next week. http://www.ewaac.com. I shall let you know how I get on, for the moment I am just really happy to have been selected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment