Wednesday 24 October 2012

No cars at all

The East West Award show looks stunning! A real mix of work from across the globe, amazing photos from Sweden, great paintings from Japan and my work in the middle of it all! Greeted at the door with a badge and offered a drink, definitely needed and as it turned out, absolutely essential as we were asked to speak about our work. I thought e were being gathered for a photo but then I realised we were being asked to say a few words, I was called out first. Actually with hindsight this was ideal, no time for nerves and I just had to get on with it.  I had some really good compliments and it was a fab evening with outstanding work, the award evening is tomorrow night, I am going for the fun of it. 
I have just returned from a great evening at the Royal British Society of Artists, the 2 recipients of the Brian Mercer Fellowships, Kate McLeod and Halima Cassell, gave excellent talks and I had a good catch up with chums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment